Today’s Topics: Gender and working from home, when your 3-year-old says f*ck a lot, where does our maternal bond come from and is it going to be the death us, new haircut looks less like a mullet, history behind our sense of urgency, the sound of our childhood was *c’mon girls! erh-erh-erh,* proper pronunciation of the word “toilet,” generational and cultural differences in bullshit detection, we always had fleas, getting parents the information they need about safe infant feeding, babies are cute, deregulation of the puzzle industry was a big mistake, online notarization is very sexy, parent disability activism, did you know that Phyllis wrote a book?, there are so many good cell phone games.
- Women are feeling the crunch of working from home more than men
- Remote work really does mean longer days — and more meetings
- “Time, Work-Discipline, and Industrial Capitalism” 1967 E. P. Thompson.
- Silvia Federici. 2004. Caliban and the Witch. NY: Autonomedia books
- Characteristics of White Supremacy Culture
- Melinda Barbosa
- Jefferson’s Great Clock
- Safe formula feeding
- Cambridge Special Education Parent Advisory Council
- sociomama: evidence-based profanity
- Doing Social Research